Call for Productions
Applications are open for the 2020 edition of the Lagos Theatre Festival which will take place from Thursday 27 February to Sunday 1 March, 2020 in Lagos, Nigeria.
We are looking for works that are experimental, fresh, innovative, and make use of unconventional space creatively. We are particularly interested in works that are multi-disciplinary and combines various art forms to create pieces that are thought-provoking, engaging and entertaining.
The festival is an open access model which allows performers/production companies the opportunity to present their works without restriction to style (small theatre, children’s theatre, dance, film, spoken word, comedy, puppetry, cabaret, music, interdisciplinary arts etc.), offering an avenue to be involved in the festival program, receive audience and delegate feedback and try out ideas.
All productions will be included in the central promotional campaign for the festival, and in some cases, programmed at venues provided by the festival.
From the general shortlist, selected productions will also receive a grant, and be expected to present at least 5 shows at the main hub of the festival. This selection will be made from successful applications.
- Application submission deadline: Midnight on Monday 7, October 2019.
- Selected applicants will receive responses by Friday 25, October 2019.
- The Lagos Theatre Festival team reserves the right to reject any application.
- Upon selection, the artist/company will be required to attend a mandatory series of workshops ahead of the festival.
- Selected artists/companies are expected to independently promote and produce their works by providing venue, technical, production and promotional support. All productions will be included in the festival program and all promotional campaigns for the festival.
- Companies are expected to fund their works