- Publish a variety of digital content with a focus on producing engaging web pages that are visually appealing and provide an overall rich experience for partners and visitors. Manage all postings to ensure content is on-brand and search- and social-optimized.
- Timely response to the communications needs of team members and the giving of timely updates regarding any ongoing project.
- Produce all email campaigns, solicit content from internal sources, and manage review, testing, and sending.
- Lead digital execution and participate in digital advocacy—across email, website, print and social media—of programmes and projects across offices and Regions throughout the year.
- Develop and execute social and print media campaigns for key days, themes, and priority upcoming content.
- Create content for social media accounts and post regularly on each account.
- Manage social ad campaigns and other promotions; track and share results for continuous improvement to targeting and segments.
- Promote new content, key pages, and calls-to-action across channels. Position content to target different segments and to fit the format and publishing requirements of each platform
- Coordinate and support communications projects, outreach, and products as needed
- Support team members in the translation of documents and other communications from English to French and vice versa.
- Proof read and coordinate production of communications material
- Manage allocated budgets for all tasks and cost effective maintenance of digital assets
- Raise funds for the organization through the deployment of digital media skills and through relevant grant opportunities
- Monitor the social media networks for grants and funding opportunities for the Organization.
Business and Media Management:
- Develop and implement long term and project based communications strategies.
- Develop and produce content to engage and educate audiences across various channels including newsletters, blogs, graphics, website, social media
- Develop and execute social media activities across multiple channels
- Oversee the development and maintenance of PIN’s website
- Contribute to overall digital content strategy and inform the calendar of upcoming topics, news and milestones, and external opportunities to guide content planning.
- Research and collect information and data for content and communications strategy
- Help manage and drive events including developing email invitations and managing invitation lists
- Seek regular opportunities for the Leadership Team to engage with major foundations, corporate partners, and other organizations on social media and curate up-to-date lists of key accounts.
- Compile and maintain media and community database
- Create and update marketing materials and documents in support of fundraising, grants, projects and programs
- Organize online events, perform outreach and marketing, create social sharing toolkits, manage “day of” social media and more
- Be responsible for managing PIN’s Digital Rights and Inclusion Media Fellowship
- Identify and research media outlets, producers, editors and reporters towards making them receptive to PIN’s message
- Track and record media mentions related to Paradigm Initiative’s work
- Ensure adequate media coverage for all program activities and functions in electronic and print media, and on digital media platforms
- Identify good stories and exercise good storytelling skills
- Other projects as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Public Relations, Journalism or any other related field
- Proven experience with communications research and strategy, media relations, content development for various audiences, digital engagement best practices
- At least 7 years of relevant communications experience; digital communications experience is highly preferred
- Experience publishing content on WordPress, Squarespace or other CMS
- Proven experience managing digital media advertising for social campaigns
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be a strong communicator; have excellent written, presentation and oral communications in both English and French
- Attention to details and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage time, deliverables and meet deadlines
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker with good judgement and ability to make independent decisions in a changing environment
- Software skills desired – WordPress, SquareSpace, MailChimp (or similar email service provider), offline and cloud-based productivity tools
- Flexibility and ability to work collaboratively with others especially other team members
- Good understanding of ICT issues and policies in Africa