Skills Outside School Foundation
Roles and Responsibilities:
The core role of the Grant Writer is to research and gather documentation that fulfills the requirements of various funding bodies both to develop robust proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects formally seeking funding support on behalf of the foundation. The grant writer will also manage a grant calendar.
- Research and source for individual donors and funding organizations.
- Keeping records to efficiently track the proposals.
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to test prospects for corporate and foundation grants and Identifying grant funding opportunities.
- Writing, submitting, and managing grant proposals.
- Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
- Collaborating with Media and Comms Officer to send funders newsletters and reports.
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Maintain current records in the database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.â€¢ Track statistics relevant to the development and provide the department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
- Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases.
- Senior Program Manager and Programs Officers
Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing or related field.
- 2+ years of grant writing experience.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong peopleskills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Application Deadline: 23rd November, 2020.