Reporting & Supervision:
- The Media Producer will report to the Director.
- While the position is nominally based in Lagos, the Media Producer will be expected to travel frequently to locations of projects
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Coordination and Pre-production:
- The Media Producer is also expected to work in close collaboration and take direction from the Director and the rest of the creative team
- Plan, envision and produce inspiring and informational short videos according to briefs
- Brainstorm and propose content story ideas to the Director and creative team.
- Turn the approved story ideas into an editorial calendar.
- Develop and manage a production schedule,.
- Actively participate in weekly meetings and strategy discussions with creative team and other partners.
- In collaboration with the technical department , develop technical specifications for goods and services required in the media production process.
- Develop and monitor budgets related to media production.
- Supervise consultants who may be hired to support video productions.
- Travel with the production team to locations.
- Collaborate with Director and production team on the daily filming agenda and make changes as needed.
- Conduct interviews with project stakeholders, on or off-camera.
- Supervise a Photographer – Videographer, including providing her/him with a preliminary “shot” list and general direction about filming locations.
- Review each day photos and video footage.
- Supervise the photographer/videographer’s logging of video and the captions for the photos.
- Maintain a file of signed video authorization forms.
- Write scripts for approval by supervisor.
- Identify b-roll and photos that illustrate each video.
- Insert lower thirds and subtitles into final videos.
- Productions must meet (and ideally exceed) Company and client quality and production standards.
- Ensure that all products are accurate and provide context of the local situation.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the media product distribution strategy online and through conventional channels.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Provide a portfolio of professional work that demonstrates consistent, high-quality filmmaking, video or media productions.
- Five years of general work experience; three years of specific experience in film making or media production required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft Office software, particularly Word is required.
- Ability to edit video in Adobe Premiere Pro strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership abilities and capacity to motivate a team.
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks until completion is required.
- Always to be professional in conduct and communication with colleagues and clients.