Responsibilities of a Senior Editor:
- Prepare, rewrite and edit copy to improve readability, or supervise analysts and others who do this work.
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Plan the contents of publications according to the publication’s style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements with the Managing Editor
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources
- Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal
- Oversee publication production, including excerpts, layout, images, and SEOs, ensuring adherence to deadlines.
- Monitor news-gathering operations to ensure utilization of all news sources, such as press releases, telephone contacts, radio, television, wire services, and other reporters.
Qualifications for Senior Editor:
- Bachelor Degree or Master Degree, 3 – 5 years of experience as a Financial Journalist preferred
- Proficiency with applying the principles of style guides to different types of writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Thorough knowledge of business media writing and communication
- Ability to remain detailed-oriented and focused when processing large amounts of text
- Strong computer processing skills, especially Wordpress, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Sharepoint, Planner and related work tools
- Mastery of spelling, grammar and punctuation errors and ability to make constructive suggestions.