We are looking for a Video Editor to creatively organise recorded footage into a finished project that matches our goals and is suitable for social media.
Ultimately, as a Film and Video Editor, you should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story and also able to use a professional video camera.
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience.
- Take a brief to grasp production teams needs and specifications.
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes value and contribution to continuity.
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film.
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects.
- Create rough and final cuts.
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running.
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Proven work experience as a Video Editor.
- 1 – 3 years experience.
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Premiere Pro & After Effects).
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong mind to learn or try out new things.
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity.
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing.
- Creative mind and storytelling skills.
Application Deadline: 14th October, 2020.