Full Job Description
VACANCY – SENIOR LIFESTYLE EDITOR
We are an online and print news media company, publishers of TheWill Newspaper and Downtown Magazine. We are looking for an excellent Senior Lifestyle Editor that is naturally talented, smart, stylish, organized, and creative. This person should be on top of the newest lifestyle trends and be comfortable pitching and assigning big story ideas. The ideal candidate must be social media savvy and sociable.
Duties will include:
· Work with the editorial team to plan, schedule and produce DOWNTOWN Magazine.
· Leverages available metrics and research to ensure editorial content and plans align with the magazine’s overall plan.
· Acts as a representative of the company at press or brand events, identifying opportunities for content, social, or video
· Demonstrate presence on social media and experience working with video a plus. May be asked to leverage social media presence on behalf of the company as opportunities arise.
· Researches, plans, and writes content. Optimizes content for organic search,
· Represents the company’s brand at PR and industry events.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
· 4-6 years experience and passion for beauty, lifestyle and fashion necessary; management experience in print or online journalism
· Must have familiarity with and big ideas on a wide range of lifestyle subjects including travel, food, health, fashion, beauty, home/interiors, and gadgets.
· Experience in and/or knowledge of digital publishing
· Exceptional writing, copy-editing & strong organizational skills.
· Strong network of freelance writers, industry experts, and PR contacts is highly preferred.
· Computer proficiency, including familiarity with publishing programs, editing, e-mail and social media presence, is essential. light HTML knowledge, and a familiarity with Photoshop are also assets.
· Knowledge of interactive media.
· Expertise or interest in lifestyle, wellness, and health.
Interested applicants should send in their applications and curriculum-vitaes before 17th August 2021.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Application Deadline: 17/08/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: ₦200,000.00 – ₦300,000.00 per month
All staff and visitors are required to use face masks and hand sanitizers as well as wash their hands regularly.
Save this job
Share this job