Tips to make you a better presenter
1. Learn how to sell yourself – don’t wait for someone to find you, or sell you.
Get yourself a point of difference – a USP (unique selling point). Read articles and gain knowledge.
2. Learn and practice your skills – writing scripts and proposals, presenting short films on YouTube or blogs; take a mic and go interview interesting people, volunteer for hospital radio, go entertain the crowds down the local pub…
3. Expose yourself (just be sure it suits the image you are trying to create!) – use social media like Twitter and Facebook, put yourself on Youtube regularly, create your own Youtube channel, go for castings, write for your local paper, apply to be on TV as a contestant. Just get yourself out there!
4. Have a more secure “second string” – ideally something with flexible hours or working from home so you have more opportunity to go for meetings and castings.
5. Network – learn who the decision-makers are or will be. Today’s runner may be tomorrow’s producer. Don’t dismiss the junior members of a production team, their recommendation or opinion is as valid as anyone else’s you.
Conclusively always be your self.