The 17th Abuja international film festival.
The festival offers a contemporary and liberal platform for the filmmakers of the World to exhibit the excellence of the film art form. The aim is mainly to contribute to the understanding and appreciation of cultures of different nations.
This year’s edition is scheduled on 26th -30th of October 2020. Location; Silverbird Cinema central Area Abuja.
1. Entries will be subject to preview by a selection committee constituted by the Organising Committee of AIFF. A film which is not accepted for the Competition section may be shown in the Global Cinema section with the consent of the entrant.
2. The Jury for the World Cinema Competition will be composed of minimum five members [including the chairman] of which a majority will be from outside India.
3. The Jury for the AIFF Competition will be composed of minimum three members [including the chairman] of which at least one member will be non Nigerian..
4. The decisions of the jury will be taken by a simple majority of the members present and voting. The jury can evolve its own rules for assessment of the entries. The Director of the Festival and the Secretary of the Jury can attend the deliberations of the jury but shall neither participate nor vote.
5. No person in any way connected with the production or commercial exploitation of a competitive entry will be a member of the jury. All Members of the jury will refrain from releasing any articles or reviews to the press concerning the films submitted for their judgment until after the jury’s decisions have been formally published. The following prizes will be given away:
6. The AWARDS shall be in form of PLAQUES and Trophies
Audience Special Jury Award [non cash] : The audience will decide the winner in this category
• Best feature,
• Best short,
• Best documentary,
• Best animation,
• Best experimental.
• Audience Special Jury Award [non cash].
• Films must be feature films. The film should be of minimum 70 min.;
• Films entered for Competition section in World Cinema must have been completed on or after 24 months;
• Films entered for Non Competition section has no time limit;
• Foreign Films that have been previously screened publicly in Abuja, aired on Nigerian television prior to the Festival, or are available for online viewing in their entirety are NOT eligible. (For World Cinema);
• Works in progress are NOT eligible.
Documents and Other Requisite Items
• Fill out entry form,
• Send DVD with submitted film by mail.